Today we are deprecating a Sourcetree-specific portion of the Atlassian Account sign-in API and it will be unreachable after 16 Oct 2019.
One year ago we shipped an all-new onboarding experience in 3.0 for both Mac and Windows powered by a Bitbucket login in your default browser. Prior to that, in early 2018, we tweaked the in-app registration process on Mac to use a new endpoint provided by the Atlassian Account team to achieve a more seamless experience. We are now migrating users away from this individual endpoint as it will allow their team to deliver a better Atlassian Account experience overall.
- Download and install the latest release of Sourcetree for Mac.
- If you are unable to do so for any reason, download an applicable 2.x release and then perform the following steps in Terminal to setup prior to launching the app:
- run defaults write com.TorusKnot.SourceTreeNotMAS agreedToEULA2 YES
- then defaults write com.TorusKnot.SourceTreeNotMAS EmailHash DeprecatedEndpoint2019
- finally defaults write com.TorusKnot.SourceTreeNotMAS completedWelcomeWizardVersion 3
There is no impact to existing installations of Sourcetree for Mac.
The following Sourcetree for Mac releases will require mitigation as noted above:
Note: The registration and Atlassian Account portion of the Welcome Wizard will no longer complete after 16 Oct 2019.
To discuss this or any other Sourcetree topic please visit Atlassian Community.